The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust makes funds available to the CE for allocation to innovative and worthwhile community projects. Projects worth over HK$10 million and of direct benefit to the community will be considered. Priority will be given to projects with nil or minimal recurrent implications. Priority will also be given to those projects supported by relevant policy bureaux but which would not be funded by the General Revenue Account of the Government. Re-submitted applications will also stand a low chance of success.
The theme of the CE’s Project List 2021 is “Supporting the Unemployed”. Priority of funding may be given to community projects that are in line with the theme and do not duplicate the government’s relevant programmes. That said, applications which fall outside the thematic area may also be considered.
Priority will be given to projects which:
- benefit the public directly;
- are innovative;
- involve capital expenditure and minimal recurrent expenditure;
- cost at least $10 million;
- will be carried out within a reasonable time frame;
- will be carried out by organizations with a good track record of completing charitable projects;
- are supported by relevant policy bureaux but would not be funded by the General Revenue Account of the Government;
- have identified the necessary recurrent sources of funding, if any; and
- are not publicity or public relations related.
For interested faculty members, please refer to the Extract of Memorandum for details. To submit application, please complete the project form (Annex B) including the one-page project summary (Annex B-1), and then submit it to the Research Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please read the guidance notes on how to complete the project form at Annex C. The application will be submitted to the UGC for forwarding to relevant bureau for further processing.
2 February 2021
Each institution is allowed to submit ONE application. Internal review process will be arranged if more than one application is received.
Mickey Pat (Email: email@example.com, Tel: 3469 2822)