Center for Global & Community Engagement (GCE) is looking for 20 outgoing students to work with us in STEAM Tutor Team for various STEAM workshops during Winter term of 2019 and Spring term of 2020, including our STEAM development programme to local Secondary school and flagship programme -iSTEAM Underwater Robot Competition. They will also assist in organizing workshops for youngsters of different social backgrounds and needs in the community.
STEAM Tutor Team can gain exposure and teaching experience in STEAM workshops and meet young children from various backgrounds.
Here is the general timeframe for your consideration:
Wed, 13 Nov 2019 (morning): Interview
Fri, 22 Nov 2019 (Evening) or Sat, 23 Nov 2019 (Afternoon) : Training session (Compulsory)
- Students from all disciplines are welcome to apply.
- Previous experience in helping in STEAM activities (e.g. HKUST Underwater Robot Competition) and teaching
children science and engineering are advantages.
- Available to work on weekends.
- Good command of Chinese and English.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview on Wed, 13 Nov 2019.
- Must attend the training session on Fri, 22 Nov 2019 (Evening) or Sat, 23 Nov 2019 (Afternoon).
- To prepare workshop materials
- To teach participantsSTEAM knowledge
- To mingle with participants and introduce them the study life at HKUST
- To perform other ad-hoc tasks and provide logistical support to the workshops
HK$61 per hour of Service
Application link: https://ust.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5vE96kkDmLk5EZT
Deadline: 23:59, Sun, 10 Nov 2019