The Government announced in the 2020-21 Budget that HK$200 million would be allocated for setting up the new Green Tech Fund (GTF) to provide better and more focused funding support for the R&D and application of decarbonisation and green technologies, so as to expedite low-carbon transformation and enhance environmental protection in Hong Kong. The GTF, which is established by the Environmental Protection Department (EPD), has the following objectives to expedite low-carbon transformation and enhance environmental protection:
- to encourage and support projects with greater prospect of realisation and commercialisation of decarbonisation and green technologies that can expedite low-carbon transformation and enhance environmental protection in Hong Kong;
- to facilitate the development, trial and fine-tuning of decarbonisation and green technologies, to build up ‘reference’ for subsequent marketing, and to encourage wider adoption of such technologies; and
- to motivate and attract more investment in R&D on decarbonisation and green technologies in Hong Kong.
Projects under priority themes will be accorded priority. The priority themes of this round of application are:
- Decarbonisation & Energy Saving
- Green Transport
- Waste Management
- Air and Water Quality
Please click HERE for examples under each priority themes.
The following organisations are eligible to apply for the GTF:
- Designated local public research institutes (including all institutions funded by the UGC);
- The five R&D centres designated by the ITF; and
- Local companies.
HK$2.5 million to HK$30 million for designated local public research institutes, including all institutions funded by the UGC.
Up to 5 years
- Interested applicants please refer to GTF website (gtf.gov.hk) and read the Guide to Applicants carefully when completing the application form.
- To submit application, please fill in the online Application Form through the GTF website and send it to the Research Office for review before submitting to the GTF Secretariat. Please be reminded that applications from universities must be submitted through the Research Office.
8 February 2021 (Mon)
Briefing Webinar on Application
The Fund Secretariat will organise a webinar to introduce the application procedures and priority themes of the GTF. Details are as follows:
- Date: 5 January 2021 (Tue)
- Time: 14:30 – 16:30
- Language: Cantonese (with simultaneous interpretation in Putonghua and English)
- Registration: Please indicate your interest by sending an email to email@example.com by 22 December 2020 (Tue).
Mickey Pat (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 3469 2822)