APAS R&D Centre was established by the Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC). The Centre undertakes R&D programmes as well as commercializing R&D results in collaboration with industry, universities and technology institutes for the development of the APAS industry. The APAS is now calling for proposals for Platform Research Programme and Partnership Research Programme.
Not specified, for a project exceeds $30 million, approval from the Finance Committee of the Legislative Council is required.
All research projects submitted to APAS should be related to automotive technologies with the following focus areas:
- Green Transportation
- Smart Mobility
- Intelligent Systems
Priority will be given to projects that:
- solve practical problems and issues faced by automotive industry;
- have high technical merits with deliverables which have potential for commercialization; and
- involve experienced and high-rated key research personnel.
a) Platform Research Programme
- Industry sponsorship contributing from at least one private company who contributes at least 10-20% of the total project cost in cash/in-kind or a combination of both;
- Intellectual property (IP) rights shall be owned by the lead applicant (viz. APAS);
- Project period should normally not exceed 4 months;
- Please read “Guide to Filling in the ITSP Application Forms” (Feb 2020) and use “ITF Form 1.10” (for Platform projects) for application via Innovation and Technology Commission Funding Administrative System II (ITCFAS II).
b) Partnership Research Programme
- The industry co-applicant should contribute at least 50% of the total project cost in cash/in-kind or a combination of both;
- IP rights may be owned by the industry co-applicant if it has contributed 50% of the total project cost or more within the project period. If not, the IP rights should be owned by the lead applicant (viz. APAS);
- Project period should normally not exceed 36 months;
- Please read “Guide to Filling in the PRP Application Form” (July 2019) and use “PRP Form 1.0” for application via Innovation and Technology Commission Funding Administrative System II (ITCFAS II).
- Please download the full proposal from ITCFAS II and forward a copy to RO for review before submitting to the APAS via ITCFAS II.
- For interested parties, please contact Mr. Franco Chu (R&D Manager, APAS) to discuss the proposal content and submission details. Mr. Chu can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 2788-5311.
24 February 2021
Veronica Keung (Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel : 2358 6949)
Thank you for your attention.