This is a special exhibition to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the death of master Tong Tik-sang 唐滌生 (1917-1959). Based on the book "The Legend of Tong Tik-sang’s Creative Career" by Professor Chan Sau Yan, this exhibition gives a glimpse into Tong’s career, from his first Cantonese opera The Consoling Lotus of Jiangcheng to his last work The Reincarnation of the Red Plum. The exhibition displays the originals of Tong’s drawings, calligraphies, manuscripts, etc. It also includes video shows featuring Tong’s Cantonese opera productions.
Officiating Guests for the Opening Ceremony:
Hong Kong Heritage Museum
- Ms. Fione Sau Lai LO, Museum Director
The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
- Professor Wei SHYY, President
- Ms. Diana CHAN, University Librarian
- Professor Sau Yan CHAN, Visiting Professor, Division of Humanities
- Professor Tik Sang LIU, Associate Professor of Humanities
- Dr. Anna KWONG, Director, Center for the Arts
- Mr. Thomas Ng, Director, Media Technology & Publishing Center
A Singing Performance by Miss Man Wah and Miss Ling Yan will be held after the ceremony.
More details: https://library.ust.hk/exhibitions/tong-tik-sang/